Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miss Thang and her opinion.

Pepper (aka 'Miss Thang') is usually a mellow soul. She's independant, which is good because we travel in connection with our biz. However, since she's been recovering from the nasties (a urinary track infection), Pep has been uncharacteristically clingy. My hubby, Bob, has been away during the evenings this past week. He hasn't had the usual evening routine of 'sit on the couch with the dog'. Pepper missed that. A LOT. So much so, she got a little peeved with Bob.

Last night, he came in late after working a concert gig at Caramoor ( http://www.caramoor.org ), and went right to bed. We had been settled about five minutes when Pep started barking to us at the foot of the stairs. If she wants something, she usually comes up and breathes in my face to wake me. Not last night. She just sat at the foot of the steps and YELLED. I got up and went to check things out. She had plenty of water, but by Bob's usually place was a dark spot on the rug. Pepper showed her displeasure by peeing on the floor in front of where he sits. It wasn't much, just a piddle-reminder. PAY ATTENTION TO ME reminder.

I pointed to the spot and gave her a firm 'NO!'. She sat there and, dammit, she was LAUGHING at me.

I think we have learned the true meaning of 'pissed off'!

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

"pissed off" LMAO!