Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I am ready to bring a new dog into my life. However, my husband is not. He's the one who doesn't want to let go of the memory of Pepper.

I've convinced him I need to make a memorial garden for our late furballs. I was going to make it just for Pepper because she was always underfoot, helping when I gardened. Then I thought I should add Miss Kate's name to a memorial as well.

The garden will be old rose garden I used to have in front of our house. The neighbor's kids just wrecked it, but now they are grown, so a garden will be safe. All the flowers will be scented and at dog level. Pepper loved to sniff flowers during her walks. She loved the scent of roses and would dilly dally around, smelling each rose. There'll be a rainbow pinwheel garden spinner too. She loved those. She'd sit and watch them.

I think she'd like the idea of a garden just for her, and she wouldn't mind sharing it with Katie.
                                                                    This is Pepper
                                                                       This is Katie

No comments: